Sunday, July 20, 2008

Technorati

I know I've said it before but it still amazes me that people have time to create blogs on such a variety of topics, this was particularly obvious when I looked at "Blogger Central" and selected the "popular" page on Technorati.

When I searched for "bookmobile" as a keyword search 207 results were located. When I used the same search term but selected the tagged advanced search option I retrieved 37 results, many of which were the same results as found during the keyword search. I'm presuming this is because the blogs have included the tag "bookmobile". I was particularly intrigued by The Camel Bookmobile of Kenya, books delivered by camel!

I also have not had much luck when searching Technorati for "nswpln2008". By doing a keyword search only one result appeared, it's a person's blog who is also completing this course! There was no retrieval of Flikr images as predicted. Did I do something incorrectly?

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Hmm. I just tried the search and found about seven pages of images - you need to click on the 'photos' tab to see your search results for each kind of area (blogs,photos etc).

Jenny said...

Thanks for the tip. The search for "nswpln2008" has just worked for me, I also retrieved many pages of images. But I don't know what I did differently to last time!