Monday, June 9, 2008

Del.icio.us Social Bookmarking

I've just discovered Del.icio.us and I'm impressed! I've used it to create a list of websites related to Tasmania. This link on on the left on this page.
I like the idea of having transportable bookmarks for work. When I travel between different library branches or even computer terminals it would be of great benefit to have access to my bookmarks. It would also save the need for each staff member to be shown how to save their bookmarks into their networked server folder each time the computers are replaced.
I think this tool would be of great benefit with relation to reference work. I can envisage Del.icio.us being used at our reference desks to aid staff with access to appropriate websites for those "curly" reference questions.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Del.icio.us is good, isn't it? Good idea to use at the reference desk, too, especially at assignment time when they're all asking the same question!

Victoria